First National Capital, currently the 6th largest independent equipment finance and leasing company in the U.S., is seeking a qualified full-time Documentation Administrator to provide expertise in the documentation and support of commercial lease/loan activities for essential business equipment.
Administer commercial equipment lease and loan documentation and assist with the closing and funding of transactions; work closely with sales reps, customers, and vendors; possess a thorough understanding of the documentation process and assume a lead role in the creation, review and verification of all documentation; coordinate final documentation preparation and assist with review process with the funding sources; and maintain an effective process to follow up and clear any document “exception” issues that remain post-funding.
- Prepare documentation packages for lease and loan transactions and perform a complete and thorough analysis, verification, and audit of all documentation; ensuring that the documentation and files are complete, organized, and accurate and have been prepared in accordance with approval(s).
- Must be capable of handling all aspects of lease and loan transactions from initiation of a document request through the booking and funding stages including an understanding of UCC lien perfection; preparation and filing of UCC Financing Statements; ordering and reviewing of UCC lien searches; obtaining non-interest letters or subordination agreements; obtaining landlord and/or mortgagee waivers; processing of lien perfection on Certificates of Titles; reviewing insurance certificates; and understanding organizational documents and signature requirements.
- Gather, organize, and accurately maintain and track vendor invoices and payments to vendors, including progress payments, to ensure timely and accurate payment within the parameters of the approval.
- Complete the documentation process by reviewing all issues of deal specific transaction documentation, structure, pricing, and payment procedures prior to delivery of the document package to the Operations Manager for funding.
- Provide a favorable customer service experience by resolving client and vendor issues.
- Interface with finance, accounting and other departments that provide various information regarding lease and loan transactions.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of term loan documentation, lease documentation, guaranties, riders, promissory notes, and other standard transaction documents.
- Familiarity with other standard equipment finance products and terminology such as TRAC Leases, Split-TRAC Leases, First Amendment Leases, FMV Leases, Lease Discounting, etc.
- Possess working knowledge of lease accounting system for data entry, audit, invoicing and booking; with a preference for LeasePlus experience.
- Maintain effective processes to insure that “follow-up” items are received in a prompt and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability and confidence to interact with customers
- Self-motivated and self-starter with a sense of urgency
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task is critical while meeting deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel & Outlook
- Working knowledge of CRM preferably SalesForce.com
- 2-3 years minimum related work experience in the equipment leasing and finance industry
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred